In other blogs, we paid attention to the rise of the hybrid employee and its consequences for you as an L&D manager. Following up, we have looked at specialization, broadening skill sets, and the challenges that this entails for you and your organization. Finally, we looked at the hidden dangers we see in the trends within L&D. But how do you assess whether your L&D offer is still in line with all of these developments?
Love, passion, and vision above all
In order to know whether your offer is up-to-date, it is of course necessary to have any insight into what the learning offer is in your LMS. This sounds like a no brainer, but you would be surprised how easy it is to lose the general sense of direction. With a large training offering the risk is that it becomes almost impossible to guarantee the quality of these trainings, forcing you to leave the choice to the employees, without forming any opinion. That is not how you, as a committed L&D manager, like to see the world with your love and passion for the profession, right? Your role is to help employees get the best out of themselves, and you can do that like no other. This requires vision and therefore insight into your offer.
Questions to ask yourself
In order to be able to make a good judgment of the training that is offered to your organization, we will provide you with a number of questions to consider here. This list is not exhaustive, but hopefully it inspires you to take a critical look at your learning offer, in order to be able to assess whether it is still up-to-date.
- Is the learning offer in line with the strategic business and HR objectives?
- Does the learning offer also provide the basic skills of the future? Think of technological and commercial insights as well as working with standard business tooling.
- Does the learning offer also provide programs to work on analytical skills with customer value focus?
- Does the learning offer provide for the development of the hybrid skills of employees?
- Are the learning solutions focused on the individual?
- Do the learning solutions help your employee at a micro level, so that they can improve in their daily activities?