1. Position: Is the stakeholder currently in favor or against your project?
2. Personality: What is the communication style of the stakeholders? Is it better to have a formal meeting or an informal coffee chat?
3. Culture: The organizational culture of your stakeholders, or, for international projects, the other customs in the different countries you are dealing with.
4. Specific Interests: Why exactly do the stakeholders care about your project? What are their priorities? How are they affected?
5. Conflict: What possible conflicts can arise based on everything mentioned and how can you deal with them?
Leading stakeholders and being able to manage the relationships you create with them can be a challenging task. Professionals require communication skills, social skills, being able to identify sources of conflict, and more. At Lepaya, we offer solutions to help you with this, our Build! program.
Leading stakeholders and being able to manage the relationships you create with them can be a challenging task. But we are here to help you! We have created a free template where you can map your own stakeholders. You can find it right here.
Also published on Medium.
We will get in touch soon